Stories of the open road

Tales of a Vagabond...

ddd"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."

When I watched the supernatural ‘My Bloody Valentine’ episode, I really wondered about the cupid character. This naked, warm, sensitive weird looking angel who wonders around match making under the orders of heaven bewilders me! I always wondered secretly whether this toddler with pampers knows this much about love or not… today my article is about cupid the match maker and I hope he won’t mind me writing about him!love-vectors

I have a friend who is afraid to love, more accurately he wants to love but he was afraid to let a girl enter  his life! He always wanted to find his soul mate. He was willing to travel the ultimate journey to find his love, the perfect match that only cupid can pick for him. After passing many good years of life, after letting down some very good proposals he started to become weary with his search to seek the heavenly love he believed he was destined for, and he still remains old and single!

Are you also waiting for the pinch of a flowery arrow shot by the cupid? I like that little angel no offence but my advice is, you better find your soul mate by yourself, my advice. That’s how life works. You rule your world…

Who said that the girl or the boy you wanted to live the rest of your life with should perfectly match  you? Nothing is perfect in this world. Do you frankly believe that the girl or the guy that deserves you should be on a par with you? Well, you cannot fix two equivalent Lego bricks together. Always two totally different Lego bricks fit with each others like an eternal bond!

Next time when you pray for cupid, the toddler in pampers, please pass my message to him!

cupid1

Love Guru aka Pathum Punchihewa

Published on  Daily Mirror (20th January 2011)

2 comments:

ජීවිතේ මල් said...

oh i wonder how i missed this sweet article. wow..
oh i love this ,
"ell, you cannot fix two equivalent Lego bricks together. Always two totally different Lego bricks fit with each others like an eternal bond!"

Anonymous said...

"love hides in every corner, i guess right now your walking in circles" thats all you would find if u try to look for your perfect match.

Post a Comment